Making great homemade pizza can be hard, or so we thought. Turns out, we just hadn't tried making it in an air fryer yet! This super simple recipe yields some of the best pizza to ever come out of our kitchen. The air fryer excels in cooking crust—ours was airy in the center and crunchy on the outside, just like in a true pizza oven! We're beyond hooked, and we think you will be too. Who knew great pizza could be this easy?!
A couple tips:
- ALWAYS build your pizza inside the air fryer basket. Transferring an already-topped uncooked pizza is... very difficult.
- Use two pairs of tongs (or two spatulas) to carefully remove cooked pizza from the basket. It takes a little concentration, but the pay off is big: all the toppings stay on the pizza, instead of the bottom of your air fryer. 😅
Made it? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
(8-oz.) packages pizza dough
extra virgin olive oil, divided
clove garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
(8-oz.) mozzarella ball, cut into ¼" slices
Basil leaves, for serving
- On a clean, floured surface, gently flatten ball of dough with your hands until about 8” in diameter (or roughly smaller than your air fryer basket). Repeat with second dough ball. Brush both with olive oil and transfer one, oil side up, into the basket of your air fryer.
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine crushed tomatoes, garlic, and oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon half tomato mixture onto the center of rolled out pizza dough, then spread into an even layer, leaving ½" outer crust bare.
- Add half the mozzarella slices to pizza. Air fry on 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Remove first pizza from air fryer basket using 2 pairs of tongs, and garnish with basil leaves. Assemble and cook second pizza, garnish, and serve.