Are we even surprised? By now we already know the air fryer is supreme. The fact that crispy golden chicken can be achieved without the use of any oil whatsoever is amazing and that's not to mention how quickly the air fryer can do it! This chicken parm tastes every bit as good as the traditional version with much less effort to get there. The air fryer will even melt and broil your cheese for a perfect cheesy, crispy bite!
Obsessed too? Tell us about it in the comments below!
large boneless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
panko bread crumbs
freshly grated Parmesan
crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Carefully butterfly chicken by cutting in half widthwise to create 4 thin pieces of chicken. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Prepare dredging station: Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Place eggs in a second bowl and beat. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Working with one piece of a chicken at a time, coat in flour, then dip in eggs, and finally press into panko mixture making sure both sides are coated well.
- Working in batches as necessary, place chicken in basket of air fryer and cook at 400° for 5 minutes on each side. Top chicken with sauce and mozzarella and cook at 400° for 3 minutes more or until cheese is melty and golden.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.